Educational Leadership & Management
The Educational Leadership & Management program is designed to help school-level administrators become visionary leaders and competent managers.
Educational Leadership and Management Diploma measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework level descriptors at Level 6 –23 Credits.
The Program is designed to help school-level administrators be both visionary leaders and competent managers. It addresses the needs of aspiring & practicing principals by providing the tools to build effective & efficient schools.
The Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management endeavours to prepare its graduates for the many challenges facing school administrators. It aims to provide hands-on opportunities for students to demonstrate proficiency and to practice leadership skills in their schools.
The Program awards 12 credit hours towards the MA in Educational Leadership & Management.
Candidates who complete the program are educational leaders who have the knowledge and ability to promote the success of all students by
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation & stewardship of a school vision of learning supported by the school community
- Promoting a positive school culture, providing an effective instructional program, applying best practice to student learning & designing comprehensive professional growth plans for staff.
- Managing the organization, operations & resources in a way that promotes a safe efficient & effective learning environment.
- Collaborating with families & other community members, responding to iverse community interests & needs, and obilizing community resources.
- Acting with integrity, fairly and in ethical manner.
- Understanding responding to, and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal & cultural context.
The Diploma is Aligned with the Educational Leadership Consortium Council (ELCC) Standards.
The Educational Leadership & Management Diploma is achieved by satisfactorily completing; 13 assignments and at least 2 presentations. Programme graduates are awarded one of the following grades
Grade C: Pass, have completed the course satisfactorily.
Grade B: Pass with Credit, have shown that they are able to relate the theoretical issues studied.
Grade A: Pass with Distinction, have demonstrated an ability to express original thinking.
The Programme consists of four main parts…
- Part 1: Schools & Principals: It focuses on the complex nature of schools, the principal roles & responsibilities, effective schools for all students…etc
- Part 2: Leadership Expectations: It focuses on principal behavior & instructional leadership, organizing & evaluating instructional programs, building & maintaining relationships…etc
- Part 3: Managerial Responsibilities: It focuses on managing material resources, managing human resources, managing pupil services, providing a safe school environment…etc
- Part 4: Vital Aspects of practice: It focuses on problem solving & decision making, collaborative effort for school improvement, career planning…etc.
The diploma enables you to examine all spheres of education and training and makes you well positioned to select suitable opportunities from a broad array of options. Graduates often work within a school setting, or in a community or senior college setting. They may also administrate government programs, or work as curriculum coordinators for schools or community programs.
In our diligent attempt to help our alumni excel, we are pleased to announce a new attestation service for our qualification holders.
Attestation is available for all education awards including certificates, degrees and diplomas. This new service helps NHC graduates obtain the California Department of State Apostille, which also includes authentication from the Los Angeles County Registrar.
Certificate authentication helps job seekers as well as other aspirants, who wish to live, work or study overseas. The attestation seal guarantees the acceptance of your certificate by employers, immigration bodies, and government offices.