Starting a course at Notting Hill College is an exciting & rewarding experience. However, to make the most of your visit, you will need to follow the regulations mentioned in the Student Guide.
You are coming to the UK either under a Visitor Visa or a Student Visa. As an international student, you have certain regulations and requirements that you have to meet. This Guide aims to introduce the course of action that students follow. It also provides a checklist of actions that you need to take before & during your stay.
If you have any queries, please contact your Course Leader who is there to advise you.
Summary of your Responsibility
1st Responsibility: Know before you Go
Not Knowing the Rules is not a Valid Excuse.
If you break the rules because you do not understand them, the UK Border
Agency (UKBA) will not accept that excuse and it can have serious consequences for you.
If you miss two successive events without given a written permission, this could result in College disciplinary procedures against you. This may then result in withdrawal from the course and the College would stop sponsoring you and report to UKBA.
2nd Responsibility: Punctuality & Attendance
Regular attendance on your course is expected and essential. If you cannot attend you must contact your Course Leader or Centre Manager immediately. If your sponsorship is withdrawn the UKBA will cancel your visa, if you do not appeal the decision you must leave the UK within 28 days.
3rd Responsibility: Keep your Contacts Updated
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated with Notting Hill College, the UK Border Agency and the Police (if required).
- If you get issued with a new passport or visa you must take it to the Course Leader to be copied.
4th Responsibility: Keep your BRP up-to-date
- You must keep your BRP card details uptodate.
- You can be fined up to £5,000 or have your permission to stay in the UK shortened, if you do not keep your BRP card up-to-date.
5th Responsibility: Finish the Police Registration within 7 days of arrival
- You must register with the police within seven days of arriving in the UK.
- Failure to register could result in future visa applications being refused or removal from the UK.
- Once registered you need to take your Police Registration
- Certicate to the Course Leader to be copied.
- You need to keep your certicate uptodate, if changes are made to the certicate
- You must take it to the Course Leader to be copied.
6th Responsibility: Check your visa to see if you can work.
- Your visa will clearly show if you can work and how many hours a week you can work, make sure that you do not work more hours a week than it allows.
- Your visa will say if you are not allowed to work.
- Do not break the rules as this can have serious consequence to your studies and future visa applications.